Transform Milwaukee is an employment program that offers unemployed residents immediate work. As an executer of the Transform Milwaukee grant, Northcott is interviewing numerous individuals for employment positions in Milwaukee businesses.
To qualify, candidates must:
- Must reside within the Transform Milwaukee Jobs area at the time of enrollment. (Sherman Blvd, Silver Spring, Hwy 43, Mitchell Street)
- Must be at least 18 to 64 years of age
- Must be the biological parent, adoptive parent or primary relative caregiver of a child under the age of 18, if age 25 and older.
- Must have a household income that is less than 150% of the federal poverty guideline for the household size in the previous three (3) months.
- Must have been unemployed for at least four (4) calendar weeks prior to enrollment into the Transform Milwaukee program.
- Must not be eligible to receive W-2 benefits and not eligible to receive Unemployment Compensation.
If you meet the qualifications, come to Northcott Neighborhood House to complete an application.
If you have questions, send us a message using the “Get More Info” form on this page.
Participating employers must:
- Provide a work opportunity that offers skills development/training in a demand occupation
- Provide adequate supervision
- Provide at least 20 hours per week, but no more than 40
- Report hours worked to UMOS on a predetermined schedule
- Maintain contact with UMOS in an effort to enhance the success of the Transform Milwaukee Transitional Worker
- May be from the private for-profit, nonprofit, or public sector